• our clients
• people who are involved in contracts and transactions we are working on
• our business contacts;
• service providers and suppliers. For example, general office services, library services and IT service providers.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and store the following types of information about you when you visit our site or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when registering to use our sites or sharing any data via our social media functions. The information given to us may include:
• your name;
• your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
• your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code;
• when browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language;
• information related to your attendance of, and interest in events and art and antiques fairs;
• information about you that you give us in person at our events and at fairs, by filling in forms on our site (our site) (e.g. when signing up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; and• information in relation to your purchase of our artwork, antiques or use of our services.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
You may give us your information by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
• visit us at art and antiques fairs or at our gallery;
• your purchase of any artwork or antique.
5. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Our processing of your personal information is necessary (i) for the purposes of legitimate interests; (ii) in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts. In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information. Legitimate interests Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
• collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience;
• running our business;
• to make sure you receive updated information on ArtAncient's activities and inventory;
• to provide the services you have requested; and
• for our own marketing, research and development.
6. HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect, use and disclose your personal information in order for us to provide our services as a seller and buyer of legally acquired objects of historical & cultural interest. This includes:a) providing sale and purchase related services(b) complying with our legal obligations or making disclosures to government, regulatory or other public bodies where in our reasonable opinion the disclosure is appropriate and permitted by law. This includes:
• disclosures required by law or court order;
• disclosures to the police, tax authorities, NCA (the National Crime Agency) or other public or government authorities where in our reasonable opinion the disclosure is required in relation to any criminal investigation or prosecution;
• disclosures to a government, public or regulatory authority, including any data protection authority where in our reasonable opinion the disclosure is required or permitted by law.
(c) providing access to our files for audit, review or other quality assurance checks by regulators, auditors, professional advisers and certification bodies.
(d) the day to day operations of our business. For this, we may use third party service providers. For example IT service providers and shipping contractors.
(f) providing information to our insurers.
(g) to provide you with information about goods, services and events we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you or which were the subject of a previous purchase or negotiations of a purchase from you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this by expressly opting in on the ArtAncient website or have provided us with your contact details and consent in communications, whether than be email, phone or in person.Your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (the EEA). For example, this may be in relation to an international transaction, or where we are sharing information with our colleagues or third party service providers who operate outside of the EEA. We only transfer your personal information outside of the EEA where we are satisfied that the transfer is in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.As a growing seller and purchaser of objects of historical and cultural interest, we may share personal information with potential investors and other parties in relation to any actual or proposed reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other transaction relating to all or any portion or our business, or assets, but we will only do so once appropriate confidentiality agreements are in place.h) administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.i) for security and to check your identityExcept as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
7. WHERE YOU PROVIDE US WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ANOTHER PERSON
8. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information you provide to us.
10. UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At any time, you have the right:
• to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
• to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
• to ask us to erase your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
• to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
• to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
• to restrict processing of your personal data;
• to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
• to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances;
• to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address email@example.com by writing to us at:
31 Imperial Road
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about our artwork, antiques, events, and art and antiques fairs. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email we send youYou also have the option of "unsubscribing" from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.orgWe will action any opt out request from you without delay.
_utmzAllows us to research usage trends and visitor trends.
13. CHILDREN UNDER 14
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 14 years of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com. If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.